Sunday, February 23, 2020

"One Safe Place"

"The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works." (Psalms 145:17)

  I don't need to tell you, because you should have figured it out; but yesterday's post was not exactly in line with the verse, if that is, we were meant to be talking about how God provides for all that He has created. But, on the other hand, if you want to know what matters more than food or water, it is no doubt a belief in the Creator that supplies, even satisfies our real desire! You might not think too much about it, if you are already a believer; but those that do not know God, they have a very deep desire to know where they came from. I can tell you from experience, that there is a very giant void that needed to be filled within me, before I accepted Jesus into my heart. It is really something the way that happens, how you forget about the details of the emotions and spiritual hunger that you felt, once those have passed and no longer of any concern. Then you start focusing upon the more practical things, like what we could have talked about yesterday, a desire for food and water. I am so sorry for any confusion, but if this is going to be about praising God, we need to go big, because if you looking for an easy life free from pain and discomfort, you have come to the wrong place! Here is another way to view that desire that needs to be satisfied, a desire to be cured, released from prison, or to be no longer hungry or cold. We cannot expect anything greater than our Master; but He gives us so much more than we deserve! I think it was J. Vernon McGee that I heard the other day, and he was fired up, speaking load and bold, like I had never heard him speak before. I think he was playing a recording from a sermon that he had given, because he was surely not sitting behind his Bible Bus Microphone. He started naming off all of the borrowed things that Jesus had, every single thing, all the way down to His flesh; even His cross was borrowed, because it was originally meant for one called Barabbas. You know, there is something about this life that just keeps zooming by, time! It seems that the closer we get to the grave, the faster it seems to grow closer. It is like skydiving, where you feel so free and wild soaring through the air, zig-zagging around and doing flips; but as soon as you get to the last 1,500 feet, or so, you had better start making plans for landing. Fortunately, my God has His hand opened wide to catch me! So, what happens next is no longer any concern or worry! If you really stop and think about, it really doesn't matter all that much what happens now either, because as I see it, we are all on borrowed time...

"For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD, and there is none else. I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right. Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save. Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them tale counsel together: who hath declared this from the ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." (Isaiah 45:18-22)  

No comments:

Post a Comment