Wednesday, April 17, 2019

"Soul Stretch"

"My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly." (Psalms 119:167)

  Believe it or not, but there is really a thing called, "Soul Stretch;" it turns out to be Christian Yoga. I guess as long as you call it Christian, then it must be alright, Right? It could be a little bit of a stretch, but as long as you don't start transporting your soul, you should remain in the bounds of Christianity. Anywho, this is a model of what it actually means to be a Christian; to keep His testimonies, and to love them exceedingly! First of all, you should not feel left out if this is not 100% true of you. No matter how hard you might try, you are not going to be able to keep all of God's Ten Commandments; so it is not about that. If you doubt me, then you should do a quick study on the book of Galatians. That said, the one thing that we can keep, with great enthusiasm and love, are His testimonies and precepts! If you are wondering how that is any different than His law, the testimonies and precepts of God are His! Duh! Truth be known, there is really nothing about our testimonies and precepts that can contribute to the morals of mankind. Sure, we have a hero now and again that we can look up to, but there is really only one that can be called righteous, and He was nailed to a cross! So then, what is it that we are to keep? Don't you read and understand Romans 7:14-25 well enough to get that answer? To put it in a way that might make some kind of sense; we are reunited with the Spirit of God, and it is our soul that is thirsty for and longing for the testimonies and precepts of God; our flesh is more interested in other things, like things that make it feel good, for how ever that might last. It is our soul that is more focused on the eternal, being guided and directed by the Holy Spirit. But you might ask, Isn't our flesh guided by the Spirit also? "O wretched man that I am," Paul would say, not because of his soul, but because of his flesh! Someone needs to win the argument; and it had better be the one that is going to live the longest...

"I have discovered this principle of life -that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God's law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin." (Romans 7:21-25) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment