Wednesday, August 12, 2015

"Beyond This"

"Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy from me." (Psalms 66:20) I don't know about you, but the God that I serve does not run out of mercy for me; and He surely listens to me when I call upon His name. You have got to see the importance of knowing that He loves you, no matter what circumstance you are going through, or how difficult your trial might appear, He is there for you, and He is seeing you through to the other side of this life. Don't misunderstand what I am saying, because there are some things I really love about this life; but there is nothing here that compares to what is ahead, no way, no how! Sure, it's a challenge for us to keep pressing on; but just like the "manna" that God gave in the wilderness, He gives us what we need for today, faithfully! Today is August 12, and twelve years age today was the day my life was turned upside down! Twelve years ago today, my wife went into the hospital for a minimal-invasive surgery, that turned out to be not so minimal, and not so invasive. It breaks my heart to see her living out the rest of her life in this condition, but there is no way I am going to give up on God; and I am never going to do anything but love and care for my wife, as long as it takes! Besides that, I have the pleasure of dealing with those around me who shake their heads and say, "What's the point in that!" It's okay to think that, because there are days when the same thought comes into my heart; but there is a point to believing that God is in control; no matter what things might look like, or how things might appear, there is nothing too difficult for God to use for His glory! All that I ask is that He allows me to stay here until she goes; I cannot imagine leaving her here in the condition that she is in, so helpless, and so dependent upon others for her care. It is my responsibility to care for her, all the way to the very end; it is my duty and obligation as her husband, because that was the vow I made to her in the presence of the God that loves me; the God that has promised that He would care for me, all the way to the very end... "How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you. We have never even heard of another God like you! What other nation on earth is like your people Israel? What other nation, O God, have you redeemed from slavery to be your own people? You made a great name for yourself when you redeemed your people from Egypt. You performed awesome miracles and drove out the nations and gods that stood in their way. You made Israel your very own people forever, and you, O LORD, became their God." (2 Samuel 7:22-24) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment