Saturday, August 8, 2015

"Make It Known"

"I cried unto Him with my mouth, and He was extolled with my tongue." (Psalms 66:17) If you know what you are, then how should that make you feel? After I have spent some time with the Lord, I almost always feel as though I need more; almost as if I don't really want to go back out and face the world, but would rather just stay right here in His presence. I know I have said this before, over and over, in so many ways I can't count them; but we are required to rejoice! It really is not an option for us, it is required as the result of what we have been made in Christ; because we have been given the keys of the Kingdom, and there is absolutely nothing that can come against us; so we need to rejoice in that! You can look at this verse in a couple of different ways. One way might be to cry out in desperation, as if you are wanting something from God, and lifting Him up for consideration of His ability to provide. That's not what I see happening here at all. I see something very different, in the form of a language, if you will; almost as if the cry is not really I cry at all, at least not one that means what you might think; but more like the cry of a wolf or a beast, in the way that you know what it is that you are hearing in the night; you here their cry, and you say, "That's a wolf!" It really gets better than that, because the "extolled with my tongue" is something you have got to accept for yourself, as in, this is what I am because of what He has done for me! You don't see it? Okay, let me put it another way. The "tongue" simply means languages, or more specifically, the manor in which we communicate something that we wish to say; but more than that, it is the language we have been given, based upon the position we have been given in Christ. This language does not just exalt God, in that it is the result of His doing, but it exalts us also, because we are the ones who are the recipients of what He has done. Therefore, the expression we make in our cry, is one that expresses the language of what we are in Christ; and it is undeniable as to where it is from, because it does not suit the conditions in which it is spoken. Then again, maybe it's just crying out for help, and then praising Him at the same time for having answered... 
"So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. So you must live as God's obedient children. Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn't know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, "You must be holy because I am holy." And remember that the heavenly Father to whom you pray has no favorites. He will judge or reward you according to what you do. So you must live in reverent fear of Him during your time as "foreigners in the land." For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom He paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. God chose Him as your ransom long before the world began, but He has now revealed Him to you in these last days." (1 Peter 1:13-20) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment