Thursday, December 12, 2013

"The Good and the Bad"

PSALMS 37 - We go from looking at the contrast between the wickedness of man and the goodness of God, to now observe the good and the bad of mankind. This Psalm is more about teaching than it is about praise or prayer; teaching those of us that care to listen, about the real need to keep our focus on what really matters, and not to care about how well off those that are of the world seem to live. I kind of find it a little interesting that we are here at this time of the year; a time that is festive for some because it is Christmas time, and also a very miserable time for others, because it is again that time of the year. Depending on how you celebrate Christmas, this might be the time of year you really like the best; for me, it's needs to be less about Santa and more about Jesus; especially this year, and I really don't know why. Usually by now I have put up the tree and decorated the living room with all the Christmas decorations, but for some very strange reason, I am just not into doing that this year; as a matter of fact, I think I am just going to put out a baby Jesus, and call that what this Christmas is all about. This morning I woke up thinking about giving away a bunch of my junk this year; just packing up something that is just laying around, and appointing it a new location. I can not believe all of this stuff that I have; most of which I will never use; like that revolving tie hanger that is still in it's original box; or that picture framed monitor for my desk, that rotates showing pictures loaded into it's memory, also still in it's original box! As much as I like to give presents to my family members, I really never like receiving anything, and usually it just sits in a box on the living room floor until around the middle of January, or until I get tired of seeing it sit there. Anywho; I am sure that there are more important things that we can talk about, like how much Christ that there really is in Christmas; because for many in this world, this is not a time to celebrate the Gift of God, but is instead a time to celebrate giving gifts to one another; while the most important gift that we can give to anyone, is to share Jesus Christ... "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." (Luke 2:10-14)   

No comments:

Post a Comment