Friday, December 27, 2013

"And Worry Not"

"For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth." (Psalms 37:9) There really is such a thing as logic when it comes to understanding God's economy; in other words, His ways really do make sense, if we would just take the time to contemplate how they work. This whole thing about "inherit the earth", although not really what I have in mind for my future; however, in this present time it might be nice if things would work out well enough to keep my comfortable lifestyle; after all, who wants to be homeless and live on the streets? I actually had a really good chance to put this into practice yesterday, as I had overextended my two of my five checking accounts, and I really wanted to get them in the black before five o'clock; around four, I had totally given up, and had just got ready to log onto my bank and try to figure out what the damage would be, when the phone rang; it was a Title Company letting me know that an Escrow had recorded, and that they had two checks waiting for me to pick up. I really hadn't prayed for the money, although I did pray for God to handle the situation, and that the damage would not be to costly. It's times like those when I can really understand what it means not to worry, because worry only takes hair away, it surely will not add any! When it comes to things that sustain our lives, it is okay to pray for them, but I don't think we need to petition God for them as we might for victory over sin, or for spiritual matters; those things really do not add up to the same area of importance, so we just pray for God's provision, and then don't worry about being provided for. To me, that is what is meant by inheriting the earth, because I really am looking forward to another inheritance that is far more important than this earth; besides, I believe the word means more about "to occupy" than it does "inherit"; which is what the Lord has told us to do... "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. And as they heard these things, He added and spake a parable, because He was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said, Occupy till I come." (Luke 19:10-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment