Saturday, November 16, 2013

"The Harsh Reality of Sin"

"The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes." (Psalms 36:1) The first thing David mentions here is considerably the most obvious problem in man that makes him sin before God; simply put, "there is no fear of God before his eyes". Technically, there are two way to look at this statement; frankly though, I don't really know which is worse; no I take that back, I believe the second one is worse, because the Bible clearly says so! Let's take the first one first, since that's the way that we all start out anyway. The first way to look at this is to examine "before his eyes" in the light of that which is speaking of the eyes of the wicked; we all pretty much start out this way, and no one needed to teach us how to sin, because we start out doing that which is right in our own eyes. (Judges 21:25; Proverbs 12:15) It basically comes with the territory of being ignorant of God, that man should do whatever seems pleasing in his own heart, but this speaks somewhat more about the man's lack of fear towards God, even though he knows what God expects of him; much the same as when the parent says, "Don't do that" to a child, and the child straightway does it anyway, showing complete disregard for what might happen, because they do not see the consequences of their actions; basically, they are blinded by the desires set before them, and the fear of disobedience is cast out of their sight. The second way to look at this statement, is to change the "his", and to make this God's eyes we are talking about; in that case, it would go like, "there is no fear of God before His eyes", which is slightly similar in meaning, because God sees all no matter what; but this way of looking at this demonstrates that the wicked care not what they do before the eyes of God. In other words, here there is no ignorance involved, as if to say, "I did not know that God was watching, or that He even cared"; but this takes straight defiance against God, by saying, "I know You are watching, but I am going to do this anyways, so there". When you actually think about it in that light, it's pretty obvious what causes that to happen within our hearts is all about darkness, and what satisfies that darkness, is sin; and yet the darkness is never satisfied; oddly enough, nether is the law... "Knowing that a man is not justified by works of the law, but by faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2:16-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment