Saturday, November 23, 2013

"The Goodness of God"

"Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and Thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; Thy judgments are great and deep: O LORD, Thou preservest man and beast. How excellent is Thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Thy wings. They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of Thy house; and Thou shalt make them drink of the river of Thy pleasures. For with Thee is the fountain of life: in Thy sight shall we see light. O Continue Thy lovingkindness unto them that know Thee; and Thy righteousness to the upright in heart. Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me. There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise." (Psalms 36:5-12) The second part of this simulcast is twice as much as the first part; meaning, "The Wickedness of Man" belonged to just four verses, but "The Goodness of God" belongs to eight. I am not sure what is being said in that, whether it's God's goodness is two times more than we need to get right, or God has twice as much goodness than we need; either way, He is sufficient for all that we need, in any situation of our life, especially in the righteousness department. As with the first part, I thought I would lay everything out there, and then break it all down verse by verse; seeing that this part is twice as long, I might be here until the end of the year. Anywho; God is not unhappy with us, as wild and crazy as that might sound, it is something that we need to understand about the goodness of His heart. God loves us! He has only goodness in His heart for us, and He has a heart that breaks for us, as a Father that cares for His children... "And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people. For thus saith the High and Lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, Whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit shall fail before Me, and the souls which I have made. For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid Me, and was wroth, and he went on forwardly in the way of his heart. I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners. I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him. But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked." (Isaiah 57:14-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment