Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"Caused Praise"

"And my tongue shall speak of Thy righteousness and of Thy praise all the day long." (Psalms 35:28) You know, this Psalm could have been two verses long and still the meaning would have been the same; with only verse one and this verse we have before us today, we could sum up this entire Psalm, and it would go something like, God has called me, made me and defends me, and I must give Him all the glory! Really we can not take any glory for what God has done; and any glory that we might receive, we will cast at His feet when we stand before Him in heaven. Here is something that we need to practice more, at least I know that I do, which is, when I really feel that I need God's help in my life, whether it be because I am feeling overwhelmed, or I am just feeling depressed, I need to start praising Him for all that He has done; starting with saving me, and then adding onto that all that is part of my salvation, and just thanking and praising Him for His great love. It is really not the difficult to get overwhelmed by life, especially if you are constantly living in a trial or have been given a challenge that never goes away. You no doubt have heard the saying, "I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet"; no matter how hard you might think you have things going against you, there is always someone else who has it worse off than you. But when it comes to our salvation, there is absolutely nothing that can compare to that, nor nothing that can take it away; we are guaranteed eternal life in Jesus Christ, and nothing can take that from us; not even the most difficult day you could ever imagine. So here is something to consider as a new saying for comparison to any suffering you might be going through: I cried because I suffered here, until I thought of those that will suffer there...
"Your words have been stout against Me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against Thee? Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept His ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts? And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered. Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for them that feared the LORD, and thought upon His name. And they shall be Mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up My jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. Then shall Ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth Him not." (Malachi 3:13-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment