Tuesday, December 26, 2023

"The Messengers"

 "And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain." (John 20:12 KJV)

  "The LORD appeared again to Abraham near the oak grove belonging to Mamre. One day Abraham was sitting at the entrance to his tent during the hottest part of the day. He looked up and noticed three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran to meet them and welcomed them, bowing low to the ground." (Genesis 18:1-2 NLT)

 If you are familiar with this portion of Scripture from Genesis, then you might recall the three men that are shown above, as one of them is the Lord, who says, "I will return to you about this time next year, and your wife Sarah will have a son!" While the other two and angels, which would head off to Sodom, after the Lord and Abraham had settled on ten righteous people in Sodom being what might spare the city from being destroyed.  

 I'm not saying these are the same two angels, sitting in the tomb; but I am saying that angels are able to manifest themselves in different forms; dressed in white, or dressed as you and I. They can even partake in a meal or have a drink of water; appear to be totally and completely mortal, yet go from here, to wherever they came, in just a flash; just like that, they disappear and appear, as easy as the wind. 

 You can believe whatever you want, but I am certain that there are angels all around us; some of which are manifested to appear just like you and me. Dogs are really good at detecting them, this much I know for sure. I had one instance in Palo Cedro, back in the 90's, as I was walking my dog at 4am in the morning. We were walking close to the elementary school, when he stopped, as if he had no desire to go any further.

 As I heard a noise, which sounded a lot like those large sprinklers that water the fields during the night, and as I dragged my dog along, I saw what looked like a very tall man running from goal post to goal post, while his jacket was making that sound as to fluttered behind him, as he ran. I tried to share that story with some close friends, but it didn't get accepted very well. 

 Now, imagine how Mary might have felt, as it was pretty obvious to her that these were angels. Just so you know, there are things all around us, we cannot see, unless we are allowed to see them; otherwise, they are just parts on the unseen world, which is spoken about all over in the Bible! Believe it or not, it is true...

"Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters. Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!" (Hebrews 13:1-2 NLT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment