Friday, December 22, 2023

"A Wink & A Nod"

 "For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." (John 20:9 KJV)

  "No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave." (Psalm 16:9-10 NLT)

 At this point, (according to my way of thinking), this is where John's heart is changed; from this point on, Peter is no longer his competition, but has become his brother! John came into the tomb to consult and be with Peter; as they both were still trying to absorb what they had seen; it was time to realize that they needed to come together; things have just gotten real, and they needed each other. 

 Almost everyone has this, at least one point of their journey; sometimes it changes you forever, sometimes, it's just for a season or particular event or upcoming trial; but when it happens, you know that your heart has changed, and life is not as important as what you feel God is calling you to do! Remember, John is writing this many years after these events had taken place, but the emotional part of this story is still near and dear on his heart. 

 John was right beside Jesus, when Jesus told Peter, "Die for me? I tell you the truth, Peter - before the rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will deny three times that you even know me." And John was right there in the same courtyard with Peter, when that rooster crowed, witnessing Jesus and Peter looking at one another. 

 No, this was not the time to take up arms, or to go hide in a cave somewhere; this was a time to come together and expect that God was doing something amazing in their lives; that everything they knew and thought they knew, was about to change! Causing them to, (how can I explain this,) relax and let go...

"[Young Women of Jerusalem] Where has your lover gone, O woman of rare beauty? Which way did he turn so we can help you find him? [Young Woman] My lover has gone down to his garden, to his spice beds, to browse in the gardens and gather the lilies. I am my lover's, and my lover is mine. He browses among the lilies." (SONG OF SONGS 6:1-3 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment