Wednesday, December 27, 2023

"The Message!"

 "And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him." (John 20:13 KJV)

  "Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again - rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:4-7 NLT)

  Fear - "False Evidence Appearing Real." How often we struggle needlessly, as if we have the world crashing in around us, while in reality, we really are not all that attached to this world! Not that it really matters, but the things that should matter most, should be what people around us see in us: Because they need to see the love of Jesus! 

 I have thought about this more and more lately; because the more I plan to make myself be a vessel that shines the light of Jesus, the more I seem to mess up, putting myself first, forgetting the face I saw before in the mirror! That might sound as if I have some issues, (You Think!), but before you judge what it is that I am going through, ask yourself what you would do if you had a chance to walk in my shoes. 

 That is not an excuse, because I know what the Lord expects from me, I just fall short sometimes in being that man; because the man within this flesh still gets offended and can be unloving! The movie "Luther," which starred Stacy Keach, is a really good example of some of the things I am talking about. We just need to take our minds off the bad and start focusing on the good! 

 Don't think bad thoughts about anything! Jay Carty's book "Counter Attack", was one of my favorites, as he shard about 'ripping lips,' as if the biggest problem he had was dealing with anger. In his book he illustrated a Polar Bear, as the thing that might set us off; whatever your thing might be, whether it is that second glance, a short fuss, or a practice of judging before thinking. 

 When the Polar Bear might show up, there is the "Polar Bear Alert!" For several years I had put it into practice, and it really seemed to work. But it can be anything you want, as long as it is Scripture! What is your favorite Scripture? If it causes you to focus on the Lord, taking your mind off of something that is wrong, unloving, or sinful, then have that Scripture ready in your heart, to get right and do right! 

 Anywho, who am I to say what works: I'm still a work in progress, and every time I think I have it all together, I find myself falling apart...

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me - everything you heard from me or saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn't have the chance to help me. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing, or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:8-13 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment