Tuesday, November 11, 2014

"The Motivation" -2

"Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin." (Psalms 51:2) First of all, I must understand where my iniquity is from; we know what sin is, and we know that it is something that we were born into; because I am an offspring of Adam, I am born in sin; but iniquity is me putting that sin nature to work. That is a lot like Cain, who inherited his sin nature from his father Adam, but put it to work by letting it drive him to kill his brother Abel. I really good explanation of what iniquity stands for in relation to sin, would be to look at it this way: In sin I was born, which was not a fault of my own, but iniquity is my sin, of which I deserve to be punished. Sometimes it takes an entire lifetime to come to this understanding that we are just full of iniquity, because most people actually think that they are a pretty good person; and compared to what Cain did to his brother, or what David did to Uriah, they come off looking pretty good; but they are missing the point. There is something gone missing within us, and it only comes through surrendering to God; to put it in the most simple terms possible: we must surrender our life to Him, for Him to pour life into us! The life that we need is His Spirit, without that, we simply cannot love as we were created to love Him, nor can we love each other the way that we were meant to. Which causes me to remember another thing that iniquity stands for, which is guilt, as in being guilty of sin. It is hard to express love as we should without being free from the guilt that comes from sin. Some might think that guilt might motivate someone to love, as if there was some kind of driving force behind feeling guilty that makes you love someone that you have wronged; but it does not work out that way, because love that is motivated by guilt is always looking for relief; in other words, it is a love that is always hungry for something that it will never find satisfaction for in loving; there is only one thing that can wash us from our sins, and that is the blood of Jesus Christ. What does all this mean? Well, if you insist on believing that you only need redemption because you were born separated from God, then you are missing part of your redemption, and your guilt may still remain; and if your guilt still remains, then you are motivated to love for all the wrong reasons... "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If ye continue in My word, then are ye My disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. They answered Him, We are Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever commiteth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." (John 8:31-36)

No comments:

Post a Comment