Sunday, November 2, 2014

"In Love"

"Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son." (Psalms 50:20) I know that I had mentioned this before, but James most likely was haunted by the way he treated Jesus as his brother; at least until after he really knew who He really was, because before then he considered Him a nut; as did many of the others that knew Jesus from His youth. That's one of the important characters of love, in that love believes. Do we need to have our heart convinced, is that the real issue? Or is it that our mind is always too skeptical to allow our hearts to truly love the way God wants us to love one another? I have a really hard time with this, and I need to stop judging others by what I think is going on with them, and start praying for them instead; not praying for them because I think that there is something wrong, but praying for God to bless them and show them His great love for them. I think that might be a good start for a lot of my issues, to just start praying for anyone that my mind begins to think wrongly about; if I think a bad thought about anyone, then that should be the trigger within me to pray for them; to pray God's blessings upon their life and that they would fall deeply in love with Jesus. Would that convince my heart to love and that I am capable of loving my brother? Maybe. Maybe I need to hit the carpet and ask God to change my heart, because He is the one that needs to change it, I can't do it, I should know that by now. The first place to start is by loving God, and that is only made possible by believing that He loves me; really believing that He loves me, just as I am; every last once of this broken and shamefully wicked person that I am, He loves me because I am His child, not just for what I am going to be one day, but right now He loves me! Jesus hung out with sinners because He loved them, and He would be hung on the cross to save them from their sin; something that they could never do on their own, it was only Jesus that could save them. Do I need my heart convinced of His love for me? Do you? The picture that is framed is falsehood, which is of the devil, who is the father of lies, and who wants to convince each and everyone of us that God cannot love us because we are not worthy of His love. We cannot accept even the smallest portion of that lie, because it will come out in the way we love one another; we must believe with our whole heart that God loves us, every last bit of who we are; that is what He came and died for; that is why He came and died for us, because while we were yet sinners, He loved us and gave His life for us. Yes, we are not worthy of His love, but He still loves us...
 "We roar all like bears, and mourn sore like doves: we look for judgment, but there is none; for salvation, but it is far from us. For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them; in transgressing and lying against the LORD, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood. And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter. Yea, truth faileth; and he that depareth from evil maketh himself prey. And the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment. And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no imtercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness sustained him." (Isaiah 59:11-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment