Saturday, November 22, 2014

"Let God Work" -2

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." (Psalms 51:10) Holding fast is not a passive thing, I am sure that you are aware of that, it takes something of what some might call "Holding On"; and just in case you don't understand what that actually means, it requires hope, hope that no matter how hard the ride gets, or how it might make you feel, whether you think you have had enough, you are not going to let go, ever! Sometimes it might be hard to find peace in what we are going through, but that's the whole point of the message: our peace is not in what we are going through, our peace is in Christ, who is already waiting for us to get through it; more than that, He is right here with us in the boat!!! I think it all comes down to a little thing called faith; I say little, because that is usually all that we have, a little faith. But truth be told, if we have our faith in God, then God is all that we need, and our faith is going to be big enough to do any thing and get us through any storm. But really, it is not about the storm, or the ride, or even the trial of your life; it's about love! I wish I could hold onto His love more than anything else, but there is always something that gets in the way; if it's not work, it's money; and if it's not personal pleasure, it's personal concerns; I seem to spend about a tenth of my time experiencing God's love, and the rest of the time I am loving myself or the things of this world. I am sorry for that, but I am just being honest. Yet, that is part of holding on, because it is God's love that matters most; He always loves us, and He is always there to love us; we just need to cry out, "Abba Father", and He will hear our cry, and He will listen. That my friend is called "the right spirit"...
"Wherefore as the Holy Ghost saith, Today if ye will hear His voice, harden not you hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: when you fathers tempted Me, proved Me, and saw My works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do always err in their hearts; and they have not known My ways. So I sware in My wrath, They shall not enter My rest. Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief. But exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end; while it is said, Today if ye will hear His voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation." (Hebrews 3:7-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment