Saturday, November 1, 2014

"In Words"

"Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit." (Psalms 50:19) James has some pretty good things to say about the tongue, but there is someone that knows not only every word that we speak, but every thought behind every word also. My fault is about to get worked on, and I am a little worried that I might need to start checking myself; because some days I am about sick of myself and the words that I allow to come out of my mouth. It's not that I have not prayed for God to help me control my words, because I have, over and over I have asked Him; so maybe it is not about controlling the tongue, but more about a change of heart? My mom use to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything"; it is something that might be good to practice, if I could ever take myself out of real time situations for about six weeks or so, I might be able to make it a habit. But here is the thing that I must come to realize more than anything else, that God does not command me to be anything that He cannot make me! Moses was a good example of that, because when God commanded Moses to go before Pharaoh, Moses had every excuse in the book why he was not able; it was not a question of being able, but one of being willing. So the question I need to ask myself, is if I am willing to allow God to change me? I have asked Him enough to help me control my tongue, but have I given Him more control over my life? Have I even considered it? I would like to think that I have; after all, I have devoted several hours each day to doing this blog, so I have at least given Him part of my day; but what about the rest? Well, I have stopped listening to Talk Radio while in my car and only listen to CSN; although I am in and out of my car so much that I hardly ever get to hear the whole message of anyone speaking. I think it involves more than occupying our time with doing this or that, because we are the same person no matter where we are at or what we are doing; but it's more about the relationship that we have with God; is He LORD of our life? If He is, then there is no me time and Him time, it is all His time; every waking or sleeping moment belongs to Him; every thought is judged by Him, so I had better watch what I allow my mind to think about! Here is something to think about, it might sound a little dumb, but if our "tongue frameth deceit", then from where is the picture taken?
"Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear: but your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He cannot hear. For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness. None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity. They hatch cockatrice eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper. Their webs shall not become garments, neither shall they cover themselves with their works: their works are works of iniquity, and the act of violence is in their hands." (Isaiah 59:1-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment