Thursday, July 31, 2014

"The Present For The Bride"

"And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift; even the rich among the people shall entreat thy favour." (Psalms 45:12) If you really want to know how this works, then you must truly empty yourself of all that you are, and you must totally surrender your life to the Lord, Christ Jesus. From my understanding of the New Testament writings, Christ Jesus is His title after ascending up into heaven, therefore when a writer uses that term he is depicting Jesus at the right hand of the Father; otherwise, when Jesus Christ is commonly used, it shows and speaks of His earthly visitation and anything associated with what He has accomplished here, whether personally or indirectly. To this date, after over thirty years of walking with the Lord, I do not believe that I have ever totally surrendered my life over to Him; I may have had my moments where there was full submission and obedience, but those moments were few and far between; short pauses in my life of trying to keep up with three or four different lives being lived out in one person. There is the Christian man, that I try so hard to focus on keeping first and foremost as the character most lived out; the husband, that must be there, regardless of the circumstances or the needs that I might have; the business man, that is constantly seeming to be working, even when I am not, I seem to always have some aspect of my work upon my mind; and then there is the entertainment guy, who is the guy that likes to entertain and to be entertained. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to put myself down, I am just being totally honest about the way I see myself and life as I see myself living it. My point is not about my lack of spirituality, although I am the first to admit where I fall short, it is more about the fact that there is always more we have available; more of Jesus, the more that we surrender, more of Him, the more we empty ourselves of ourselves, and it really does not end until we are glorified with Him in heaven; because at that time we will be one with the Lord, but until then, we must constantly work on being pure as He is pure... "I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, with all lowliness and meekness, with long-suffering, forbearing one another in love; endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ." (Ephesians 4:1-7)  

No comments:

Post a Comment