Thursday, July 10, 2014

"Reaching In"

"Wherefore hidest Thou Thy face, and forgettest our affliction and our oppression?" (Psalms 44:24) I don't care what you think about my post from yesterday, if you did not get it, then that's not completely my fault; I only have so much I can say in so much space and time, but I know what it was that God was telling me. But if you thought that was hard to piece together, then get ready for another puzzle. What is the opposite of reaching out? How about you just do nothing? Typically, in most cases, I would say yes; but remember, this is about us praying for God's protection, and if we are seeking His protection, then doing nothing is really not something that we must do. What are my options? What is my defense? Where do I begin? How about starting at the beginning? Who's am I? Am I my own, or do I belong to Another? And if I belong to Another, then what does that make me? I am a son of the KING! Do I truly understand what that means? Because if I do, I don't think I live out the confidence of being His son, or the security of His ownership over my life; at least not when I am feeling guilty over something that I have done. This is really not that hard to understand; and God has made it so easy, because He really wants us to grab hold of it and understand how it works. First off, if my father was king, and he loved me with all of his heart, then do I really need to worry about whether or not he will protect me? Absolutely not! So then, what might cause me to worry about being protected by my father the king? Have I wandered off from the sight of his protection? You can see how it works in the natural world; why would it be any different with God? I know what you are thinking, it is because God sees all and knows all, so we really can't get out of His sight. True, as far as God's ability to know our every move and every thought; but as far as being in the sight of His protection, sometimes our biggest enemy is our self. Now where do I begin?
"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as He is pure." (1 John 3:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment