Monday, July 21, 2014

"Taking Aim"

"Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the King's enemies; whereby the people fall under thee." (Psalms 45:5) I am pretty sure that God has made nothing that He regrets having made, nor would He do things different if He could do things over again. If God could say that everything was good knowing what would take place later, then how could He judge that things were good? Good will always win in the end; evil will see it's day; God's will will win, no matter what! If we could only see what God sees, then we could understand what that means; which is pretty much the reason that He has given us His word, so that we can take comfort in knowing that everything will work out in the end, and that God's perfect will will be established. Having been in through certain things that cause me to doubt God's protection was upon my life, I can say with all honesty that I don't always live up to the things that I preach; it is hard to keep our focus when we are pressed on every side, especially if we are not living a life that is worthy of a child of God. But if God has called us to Himself, then we are what we are because of God's hand, not because of anything that we can do, or anything that we do not do; God is the one that changes us, and God is the one that holds us and keeps us. Therefore, there is no one else that I want to judge me, other than God; there is no other place that I can be protected, other than in God; and there is no other arrows that I want to pierce my heart, other than His arrows... "The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground? Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD." (Obadiah 1:3 & 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment