Friday, June 13, 2014

"Just Look and See"

"For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but Thy right hand, and Thine arm, and the Light of Thy countenance; because Thou hadst a favour unto them." (Psalms 44:3) Oh, why oh why do we not just give it all to God? How many lessons do we need on trusting God for our protection? We say that we trust Him, yet then turn right around and try and work things out on our own. Maybe we think that giving to God means that He gives it back in the form of a physical solution? As if God wants us to practice doing things on our own; do you think doctors work that way? Oh, here you go, here's the procedure directions and the knives you need, now take these home and cut out that cancer; then check back with me when you come to. I don't think so. What God does require of us is to walk in His promises and to not doubt His ability to get things done; after all, if we are His children, then we need to start acting like He is our Father. Personally, I think that our biggest problem is that we put way too much focus upon how we feel about ourselves, and not focusing enough about how God feels towards us; then again, maybe we need to start looking at ourselves in a whole different Light, say in the Light of Jesus Christ. If I am in Christ, and if Christ is in me, then how does that make me look? We absolutely cannot save ourselves, that much we must totally realize; once we get that through our thick skulls, then we can put those carving tools down, and give everything over to the Master; Who by the way, is more than willing to do whatever is needed to make us right; which usually only requires a change of heart and eyes to be opened... "For this thing I besought the Lord three thrice, that it might depart from me. And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12:8-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment