Tuesday, June 3, 2014

"God's Leading"

"O send out Thy light and Thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto Thy holy hill, and to Thy tabernacles." (Psalms 43:3) One thing that you don't want to do, is to make God have to make you do something, because if He wants you to do something, and you choose not to, then things could get a little interesting in your life; like being transported against your will to where God wants you, or having your animal start speaking to you. God has a way of making His will known, and He usually wins all the arguments that He has with His children; those that are not His children, I really can't speak to, but I know from my own experience that God usually get's the final word, so I would hope to think that I try and listen; but then again, I really don't want to take anything for granted, and think that I know anything, or that I have some kind of autopilot when it comes to listening to God. I really don't think that it works that way, because God wants us to continually seek His direction for our lives, and to constantly cry out to Him for strength. If we find ourselves in a place where we feel that we don't need God's direction and strength, then I think we are in a place where we do not belong, and we are living a life that has been removed from God's light and truth. When I am being led by God's light and truth, then I see what a mess that I truly am, and I totally understand why I need God's forgiveness and unconditional love; which by the way, is not something that we can work for, it's just there for the taking, but we must see the need that we have for it... "But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under the schoolmaster. For we are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:23-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment