Friday, June 6, 2014

"God's Security" -2

"Then will I go unto the alter of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise Thee, O God my God." (Psalms 43:4) I think that it's time to take this into the next level, and begin a little dialog on real security; because we are only as secure as where we put our trust, our faith, and our hope. The key to us truly understanding what David is talking about, is not so much how our attitude should be when it comes to praising God, it is more about why we should have an attitude of praise; the why is the key to our joy, which is expressed by the word "then", as in "Then will I go unto the alter of God, unto God my exceeding joy". It is hard to imagine how God's love is unending, but it is; it is twice as hard to imagine why He loves me as much as He does, but I can't stop Him from loving me, even if I tried. So my focus bypasses the points of trying to figure out how much He loves me, or why He loves me, and is settled in the fact that He just loves me, and how do I respond to that! Being led by God's light and truth, makes us understand how dependent we are on His mercy and love: we are frail, broken, and desperately in need of God's grace, because without His grace, we would not have the inheritance that we have been given. Sometimes I wonder if I really get that, because I seem to always gravitate towards judging my salvation upon my works, and not resting in the finished work of Jesus Christ. Real security comes from putting all of my faith in Jesus, and none in myself; in the security of Christ is where my exceeding joy will be found, because it won't be about me, but  all about Him. Then I will know how to praise Thee, O God my God... "Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the Scripture, forseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all the nations be blessed. So then they which walk by faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree; that the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." (Galatians 3:7-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment