Wednesday, June 4, 2014

"God's Leading" -2

"O send out Thy light and Thy truth: let then lead me; let them bring me unto Thy holy hill, and to Thy tabernacles." (Psalms 43:3) More importantly, we are to be seeking God's fellowship; it's really all about our relationship with, and the desire that we have to be in the presence of God. Do I really desire to be in a close relationship with God? or am I more interested in my own personal ambitions and pleasures? It's not that we don't get to have some kind of life other than being in God's word, worshiping God, or praying to God, because it's not that God wants us to leave off from taking care of our families or providing for our own daily needs; it's more about making God part of every single part of our lives, because He needs to be leading us in every single thing that we do. For example: do I have anything in my life that I do not want God to be a part of? if so, then I need to either stop doing whatever that thing is, or I need to ask God to be part of it. I know that sounds a little odd; I guess it depends upon what your talking about; but let's say your me time involves working out at the gym, or going on a run or a bike ride; it's time that you spend on yourself, and you don't necessarily think about your relationship with God during those times. But here is the thing we need to remember, even in our recreational times: God wants us to make Him part of everything that we do, and to be the Lord of all of our lives, even things as simple as going to the movies, or going bowling with our friends and families. You see, "tabernacles" are God's dwelling places, of which we are; where ever we go, there is God's dwelling place, if God is dwelling in us... "Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of a harlot? God forbid. What! know ye not that he which is joined to a harlot is one body? for two, saith He, shall be one flesh. But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What! know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." (1 Corinthians 6:15-20)

No comments:

Post a Comment