Saturday, February 1, 2014

"God is Faithful" -2

"The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged." (Psalms 37:33) Although we have been given a free will, God's will is more powerful than anything that we have; when God says that He will not abandon or forsake us, we can pretty much count His "will" to mean more than just a promise, it is done! We can not look at God's way of keeping promises the way that man keeps his word, because God does what He says He will do; man on the other hand, well let's just say that we lack what it takes to be true to anything, let alone our words. I was listening to "Every Man An Answer" the other day, and a very touchy subject was addressed, which was when a believer that commits suicide. One of the pastors said something very bold, yet if you think about it, it sounds as though it is also very true; which is, that there is only one sin which man shall not be forgiven of, and suicide is not the one. Interesting concept, because we really do not know what was in the persons heart, except that they had obviously given up on hope; yet, how often do any of us have days where we feel discouraged and full of doubt? It kind of puts a little different light on Judas, who was so torn up on what he had done, that he threw away the thirty pieces of silver, and then took his own life. What is even more interesting than that, is that all of the disciples wondered if they were the one that would betray Jesus, asking, "Lord, is it I?" (Matthew 26:22) We can all have a little betrayal in our hearts; after all, our hearts are desperately wicked; but Judas was called by Jesus for a reason, because God does not make mistakes. So, having considered this interesting concept, I have got to wonder if I will be seeing Judas up in heaven; after all, God's will is the most powerful will of all..."The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged."...or maybe not... "I pray for them. I pray not for the world, but for them which you have given Me; for they are Thine. And all Mine are Thine, and Thine are Mine; and I am glorified in them. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to Thee. Holy Father, keep through Thine own name those whom Thou hast given Me, that they may be one, as We are One. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy name: those that Thou hast gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the Scripture might be fulfilled. And now come I to Thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have My joy fulfilled in themselves." (John 17:9-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment