Sunday, February 2, 2014

"God is Just"

"Wait on the LORD, and keep His way, and He shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it." (Psalms 37:34) "O What A Mighty God We Serve!" That was the song playing in my head as I just finished typing out this verse. Waiting on the Lord can really be hard sometimes; it is just so hard to not have what you want, when you want it, verses when God will provide it; but not only does He provide all good things to us, He gives them when we are best prepared to receive them. I know for a fact that God is going to heal my wife; it might not be here in this world, but she will be totally complete and without any pain or sickness when she leaves this place; in the mean time, I have promised to keep her safe and to provide for her, "till death do us part". Also, I am totally assured that I will be with her, and this love that is poured out now will be not be lost; of that I am most assured. We must never give up on trusting God, because He will never give up on us; and yet, I have got to wonder, what is harder to do, waiting on Him or keeping His way? At the same time, I also need to consider, what is His way? Okay; now I know that I am not perfect, so being perfect and holy is most likely not it; and I know that I constantly find myself walking in the wrong direction, so I am pretty sure that a path is not really it that I must keep; so what is it that we must adhere to? (Knock, Knock...) "Thomas saith unto Him, Lord, we know not whither Thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me. If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henchforth ye know Him, and have seen Him." (John 14:5-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment