Saturday, April 20, 2013

"Making Them Dance"

"He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn." (Psalms 29:6) I tell you what, some mornings, I just don't know what the Lord is wanting me to share; but I start typing anyway, in hopes that He speaks while I am banging away at these keys. It's kind of like that! That's what the Lord is showing me through this verse; like the sporadic things that God will cause a man to do, just by speaking a word that hits a nerve, or challenges a man's footing. If you have ever witnessed a calf being sporadic, they will be walking along in line with the other cows, then all of the sudden start bucking and spinning around like they are being attacked, and then start walking back in line, as if nothing ever happened. That's what I am talking about with regard to "making them dance"; whether it's a happy dance, or one that just causes them to get out of line for a moment, it's something that challenges their footings; to which, they either dig in deeper, or they get uprooted from where they are at. Just as trees which are grown up with winds forcing against them, they naturally grow deeper roots, so as to withstand being pushed over when they become larger. It actually works both ways, whether you are a Christian or a nonbeliever, the winds that push against you will either cause you to dig in deeper, or be toppled over. For the believer, it's really a matter of holding firmer to what you believe, and adjusting to what you have just went through; whether it was a trial, or just a leaning experience that brought you closer to God. Sometimes, even being toppled over is a good thing, if your roots were beginning to dig in where they do not belong; because, if you are God's child, then He will pick you up and plant you somewhere else. But as a nonbeliever, things don't always work out so well for them; because when their footings get challenged, they don't always end up in a good place; as a matter of fact, when they dig their roots deeper, they are sealing their own doom, hardening their hearts even more against the voice of the Lord..."Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laloured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun. And I turned myself to behold wisdom, and madness, and folly: for what can a man do that cometh after the king? even that which hath been already done. Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as fair as light excelleth darkness. The wise man's eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: and I perceived also that one event happeneth to them all. Then I said in my heart, As it happeneth to the fool, so it happeneth even to me; and why was I then more wise? Then I said in my heart, That this also is vanity." (Ecclesiastes 2:11-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment