Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"Anchored By Love"

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him." (Psalms 28:7) There are a lot of things that move me and cause me to spend time on things of this world; things like snowboarding, golf, movies, and spending time with family; but there is one thing that keeps me anchored to God, and that is His amazing love for me! If you have ever been out to sea, it is so vast of an area, you can truly loose your way; and as with any large body of water, if you do not anchor your vessel when trying to set in one place, you are not going to remain in that place. If you are securely anchored, you might move around in circles, and you will find yourself facing all kinds of different directions, but you will remain within the length of your anchor. Does that make any sense in relation to this verse? I hope you see the connection, because it's really not that hard to understand. If you do not deploy your anchor, your not going to stop from drifting into who knows what, or where, and you could find yourself a little lost or damaged. It is God's love for us that is our anchor, and when we are trusting in God, because we know that He loves us, and that we are secure in Him, then it really does not matter which way we are turned or the direction we are facing, because we are always remaining in that same secure place. But it all comes down to believing in His love, and trusting, that because He loves me, He will always keep me and will never let me go! That is all that God wants from us; for us to believe in His great love for us, and to experience that great love; a love that captures our hearts and minds; making us love Him back, in sheer appreciation of how much He loves us. And here is His Love: that He would step down to earth, and that He would take our place upon a cross, to not only prove His love and win our hearts, but to give us eternal life with Him..."He will swallow up death in victory; and the LORD GOD will wipe away tears from all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation." (Isaiah 25:8 & 9)

No comments:

Post a Comment