Sunday, September 5, 2010

"The Horn Of Salvation" - 2

Okay, let's go with this megaphone concept for a little longer, and let me ask you another question (or two): Did God use a megaphone to reach us? Wouldn't we be able to consider Jesus Christ as God's Megaphone? HELLO!!! What did God demonstrate to us by giving His Only Begotten Son to die for our sins? Wasn't it His Love that He was showing us? I think it was; and Jesus was the 'Shout' from the mouth of God, saying, "Let Me show you My Love". After all, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1); and if that was not enough, how about this one, "In this was manifested the Love of God toward us, because that God sent His Only Begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him." (1John 4:9). For God to be able to reach down and manifest His love towards us, He first needed the means to be able to reach man's heart; thus His Word was magnified towards us in the form of a man, to reach the heart of man. This was the Greatest Creation of all, and by Jesus Christ, was not only man reached, but man was redeemed. Now, what is our 'horn' again to share with the world? You could say Jesus, and you would be right; but there is something which we have been given, which is the manifestation of God (Jesus) in our lives; and that my brothers and sisters, is Love. Yes, the megaphone which we have to shout out to the world, is the Love of God! You can shout out Jesus all day, until your blue in the face; but if you have not love, you are just a nuisance to the world, or a noisy Jesus freak. The real Power of God is His Love, which is what He used to reach our hearts, and what we must also use to reach others for Him. This is a really big deal, which we cannot overlook; because the world hears us say 'Get Right With God'; but yet they do not see God's Love in that, only judgement. Which means, that to truly express the need for the world to change, we need to first change ourselves; we must demonstrate the Love of God to the world, and then those that are reachable, will see the Love of God in us. So then, what I am trying to say, is that our Faith is important, and needs to be seen as strong and sure; but more important than that is Love; because without Love, our faith is foolish. "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity (Love), I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity (Love), I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity (Love), it profiteth me nothing." "And now abideth faith, hope, charity (Love), these three; but the greatest of these is charity (Love)." (1Corinthians 13:1-3 & 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment