Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Day Of Remembrance" - 2

"According as His Divine Power hath given unto us ALL things that pertain into Life and Godliness, through the Knowledge of Him that hath called us to Glory and Virtue; whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the Divine Nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Peter 1:3 & 4) Maybe 'Day' is the wrong word to use; but then again, maybe not. There was something that I can remember that happen on the Day I received God's Forgiveness, and it was Light; because all of the sudden, I Knew God. And when I say that I Knew Him, I mean that, in that moment there was no doubt within me that He was, because He was in me. "And God said, Let there be Light; And there was Light"; that is how it was; the darkness had been turned to Light. This was God's doing, and there was no denying that the Light had come, because in that moment I had a Knowledge of Him; who He was; and who I was in Him. Unfortunately, this new Divine Nature that I was given, was still subject to a life that revolved around the flesh; which in turn causes me to sometimes surrender to the corruption that is in the world, which in reality, I have escaped. But, what seems to happen, is that we have a tendency to forget that we have been given this New Divine Nature, and fall into the lie that because we are still flesh, we must be subject to the corruption of that flesh. We must know that this is not so; because, God has given us ALL that we need to live out a Life of godliness; we just must not believe the lie. And what is the lie? Well, there may be many; but the main lie that the devil would have us believe, is that we are still corruptible. In other words; that because we are still within this earthen vessel, we must still be subject to the corruption of this world of which it belongs. But we are instructed to walk through the darkness, but not be partakers of the darkness; because we are no longer of the darkness, but are Light. I go back to that famous bumper sticker, "Christians are not perfect, just forgiven"; you know the one I am talking about: the excuse sticker. Which, although it is true, it is not a banner by which we should live. Instead, we must strive to live out the Life which we have been given; of which we have been pulled out of the corruptible life of the world that is governed by lust; and have been brought into a Life that is governed by God, and by Love. "And beside this, giving All diligence, add to your faith, virtue; and to virtue, knowledge; and to knowledge, patience; and to patience, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, charity (Love). For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the Knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 1:5-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment