Tuesday, February 16, 2010

ISAIAH 55 - "What is Truth"

"God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth." (John 4:24) So; What is Truth? For most that ask that question, it is rhetorical; they really do not want to receive the answer; why? Because they have believed the lie; What is the lie? Simply, the opposite of the truth. In John 8:31-59; Jesus is talking to Jews that believed on him, and as he began to reveal truth to them, they began to oppose him; finally they actually took up stones to cast at him. This happen with those that had actually believed him as he shared these words: "When you have lifted up the Son of man, then shall you know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him." 'And as he spake these words, many believed on him.' (John 8:28-30) When Samuel presented the truth to the people of Israel; they choose the lie. They would chose a king, instead of the king maker; they believed the lie that they must have an earthly king to represent them before the other nations. There is one sin that is not forgiven of a man; "Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation." (Mark 3:28 & 29) What is the blaspheme of the Holy Ghost? When the Holy Spirit reveals God's truth into our heart, and we know that we have just received the truth, yet we refuse to except it; that is when we blaspheme the Holy Ghost. To do this in our heart, requires us to really force ourselves to refuse God. When God reveals His truth to us, there is power and a life changing force that is presented to us; and to deny that, is to choose death and damnation. If you notice that Jesus said, "is in danger of eternal damnation". We must know that God is love, and He is so merciful, but when a person denies the truth, he makes his heart hard towards the truth; which can lead to a callus heart, and the chances of receiving the truth becomes harder and harder. When I first received the truth, back in September of 1981, I knew that there was power in what I just received. As the preacher began to speak God's word, and the Holy Spirit began to show me the Truth within that word, and my heart needed to respond; and I am so glad it did. I can not imagine what my life would be like if I had said no to the truth that was revealed within me. What kind of force would I have had to muster within me to ignore the power of the truth being revealed?; the force I would have required, is the lie. Much like the children of Israel would have to do in their hearts to refuse the God who loves them, provides for them, and was the one that created them; and instead to accept the lie, and worship the creation instead of the Creator. Now, to look at this same principle, but on a different level; as I shared before, we can quench the Holy Spirit in our lives. That day when I accepted a lie regarding my New Life in Christ Jesus; that was the day that I made a decision to accept normal, instead of exceptional. When I received that lie in my heart, "Don't worry, you will adjust", that is when I began to make provision for an earthly king to rule over me, instead of my Heavenly King. That made way in my heart for compromises in my life in Christ; once I had began to quench the Spirit of God in one area, I could more easily do the same in other areas. Just as the children of Israel did in wanting their earthly king; they did not think at the time that they would be worshipping idols in wanting an earthly king; but, what would happen to them, as a result of what they chose, would be exactly that. Just like I did not believe that I was making provision for the flesh when I had begun to suppress the work the Holy Spirit was doing in me, but that is exactly what I did. When Jesus came, he came declaring the Truth and revealing the lie; in doing so, he created a chasm between the two; you have to be on one side or the other, there is no middle ground. "For got sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:17 & 18) How are we condemned? Because we are held in bondage by the lie...Sin had it's origin in a lie; for Satan is the father of lies. The Truth can set us free from the lie, but we must receive it and believe it...

No comments:

Post a Comment