"This letter is from Jude, a slave of Jesus Christ and a brother of James. I am writing to all who have been called of God the Father, who loves you and keeps you safe in the care of Jesus Christ. May God give you more and more mercy, peace, and love." (Jude 1-2 NLT)
"Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given onto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:16-20 KJV)
As many of us should now, this Jude that has written this letter is a brother of Jesus; who identifies himself as the brother of James: James is the author of the Book of James. Both James and Jude identify themselves as, "Servants of Christ." There are a few scholars that identify this Jude as the Apostle Judas (not Iscariot) in Matthew 10:2-3, also called Lebbaeus or Thaddaeus (Lk. 6:16 & Acts 1:13).
I really don't believe that this Jude was one of Jesus' disciples; but that is coming up in a different message. What I do believe is that both James and Jude were brothers, that had the same mother, who was Mary; the virgin mother of Jesus Christ. As that is the case, I also believe that the term, "Slave, or Servant" used by both brothers is given to mean, "His Bondman"; which, if you don't mind me saying, that it means, it was their way of saying that they were very sorry for the way they treated him, before He was crucified and rose from the dead!
Which is precisely the reason I doubt that this Jude was one of Jesus' Apostles. However, for the sake of knowing nothing, let me make it perfectly clear: both James and Jude were brothers of Jesus! Which, for the sake making my point, before I even try to go into the Book of Revelation, I felt as though I needed to do this Book first.
I believe that there is good reason for this Book to come before Revelation; why that is, I have yet to figure it out; but I am truly convinced that there is a good reason...
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby, know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: and every spirit that confeesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already it is in the world." (John 4:1-3 KJV)
No comments:
Post a Comment