"Dear friends, I had been eagerly planning to write to you about the salvation we share. But now I find I must write about something else, urging you to defend the faith that God has entrusted once for all time to his holy people. I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God's marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." (Jude 3-5 NLT)
"But there were false teachers also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." (2 Peter 2:1 KJV)
I am not saying that this will be easy, because I know for a fact that there are some that cannot believe or even want to hear sound doctrine. And don't get me wrong, I truly know that everyone can get off base from time to time, as some seem to do, (me included,) but when it comes to the foundation of our faith, there is nothing that can be changed or altered!
That said, I believe that there are some very stern and harsh things that will be brought up; some might be too hard to believe; while others, will hopefully enlighten us to watch out and know what to look for, as there really are wolves that enter into the sheepfold...
""Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."" (Matthew 7:15 KJV)
No comments:
Post a Comment