Monday, April 15, 2024

"The Futility of Labor" - Too

"Yea, I hated all my labour which I had taken under the sun: because I should leave it unto the man that shall be after me." (Ecclesiastes 2:18 KJV)

  "Then someone called from the crowd, "Teacher, please tell my brother to divide our father's estate with me." Jesus replied, "Friend, who made me a judge over you to decide such things as that?" Then he said, "Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own."" (Luke 12:13-15 NLT)

 Maybe this isn't a good time to share this, but I do believe we are getting closer and closer to some very serious changes in the way we control our own personal finances as if we have any control as it is! As I was listening to a news report yesterday morning regarding Home Loans, apparently the lending market is going to get turned upside-down, those with lower credit scores will get lower interest rates on their loans, while those with higher credit scores will get higher interest rates. Go figure: this is what you might say, is leveling the playing field! 

 Actually, I am not surprised. Several years ago, my life was torn in half, and my financial situation became very unstable. My bank was very kind to allow me to cover my account by getting a deposit in by 10:00am, if there was an item that was going to be sent back, due to insufficient funds. Much to my surprise, I was told one day that this was going to stop. I asked if I had done something wrong, and I was told that it was because no one else usually called to try to save a check from getting rejected, and it wasn't fair to them that I did and could! 

 Anywho! You do know that your money can be taken from you at any time, without a reason or a warning, right? If you don't, then you should be aware, you have no control over anything, not even your bank account! That said, what we do have some control over is the life we have in Heaven! Yes! You are able to plan and prepare for a glorious life in Heaven, because your Heavenly Father has given you the keys to His Kingdom! 

 This is our inheritance! That was Abraham's inheritance, as the Scriptures say: "Abraham was confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations, a city designed and built by God." (Hebrews 11:10 NLT) It was by faith in God that Abraham planned and prepared for his heavenly home; and God counted Abraham as righteous because of his faith! 

 We must keep putting our trust in God, not in the things we might own or the money we might think we have! All of this is temporary and will soon be gone; as Peter tells us, saying, "But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will be disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment." (2 Peter 3:10 NLT) 

 No matter what you might be going through, you have treasure in Heaven! This is where your treasure really is, so set your heart on that which cannot be taken or stolen from you...

"Then he told them a story: "A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. He said to himself, 'What should I do? I don't have room for all my crops.' Then he said, 'I know! I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I'll have enough to store all my wheat and other goods. And I'll sit back and say to myself, "My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!"' "But God said to him, 'You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?' "Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God."" (Luke 12:16-21 NLT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment