Tuesday, April 30, 2024

"Live!"

 "A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which has been planted;" (Ecclesiastes 3:2 KJV)

""I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels - a plentiful harvest of new lives. Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity. Anyone who wants to be my disciple must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me."" (John 12:24-26 NLT)

 To be blunt, before you can die, you must first be born! I know that sounds obvious and is simple to get the point, you really cannot die, if you aren't yet alive! To start, the kernel of wheat was born, then it is planted and dies; but the death will produce a harvest! 

 Okay, maybe we need to take a breath and see what this looks like? When I was born into this world, I was given a life in the flesh; yet, even though I have a soul, (which we all have,) I did not have God's Spirit within me. This means that I was born separated from God; which is the result of the sin which was carried out by Adam, quite a long time ago. 

 In the year, 1981, sometime in September, I was born again, which was the result of Christ Jesus, who paid the penalty for my sins, and gave me new life in Him. Oddly enough, I still have this fleshly body to deal with, which doesn't seem to be dead! This seems rather hard to understand, but somehow the old me must die, and the new me must come alive, right? 

 Well, yes, it seems that there is something to be sorted out, if you catch my drift! Today is today, it is not yesterday, and it is not tomorrow, as we should be well informed in knowing how that works, right? If you have that understanding, then today is the day you live in, not yesterday or tomorrow, but this day, that you have been given! 

 Now that you have that understanding, living for today, who is going to live, the old you or the new one? Maybe it is best to just consider that old man has died, so the new man can live...

"Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it? Or have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined him in his death? For we did and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just a Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives." (Romans 6:1-4 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment