Tuesday, April 16, 2024

"Taken Back"

 ""And who knoweth whether he shall be a wise man or a fool? yet shall he have rule over all my labour wherein I have laboured, and wherein I have shewed myself wise under the sun. This is also vanity." (Ecclesiastes 2:19 KJV)

  "Jesus told this story to his disciples: "There was a certain rich man who had a manager handling his affairs. One day a report came that the manager was wasting his employer's money. So the employer called him in and said, 'What's this I hear about you? Get your report in order, because you are going to be fired.'

 "The manager thought to himself, 'Now what? My boss has fired me. I don't have the strength to dig ditches, and I'm too proud to beg. Ah, I know how to ensure that I'll have plenty of friends who will give me home when I am fired.' 

 "So he invited each person who owed money to his employer to come and discuss the situation. He asked the first one, 'How much do you owe him?' The man replied, 'I owe him 800 gallons of olive oil.' So the manager told him, 'Take the bill and quickly change it to 400 gallons.' 

 " 'And how much do you owe my employer?' he asked the next man. 'I owe him 1,000 bushels of wheat,' was the reply. 'Here', the manager said, 'take the bill and change it to 800 bushels.' 

 "The rich man had to admire the dishonest rascal for being so shrewd. And it is true that the children of this world are more shrewd in dealing with the world around them than are the children of the light. Here's the lesson: Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your earthly possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home."" (Luke 16:1-9 NLT)

 I know it seems like a lot to read, but we have covered this passage before; however, in this instance, we are dealing with something that requires some serious thought and a whole lot of prayer! Have you ever wondered why God allows the devil to take from those of us that love Him? Well, it isn't because He wants to see how we will react! 

 I am not sure I have what it takes to get this done, but I will do my best! Long-story-short, that is my reaction! We need Him more than we know; yet, we have a tendency to live our lives independently, as if He has put us on auto pilot, and is working on bigger and better things. As if God can't do all things, all at the same time! 

 That big giant rock that God has told you to move, although you can't move it, you continue to try, again and again! 'If God says I must do it, then it must be possible,' is that what you think? Something I think we need to come to terms on: We don't have what it takes; but what we do have, He can use to take us through this life and get us safely to the other side! 

 As for this story Jesus told to His disciples: This story is about getting a welcoming committee in Heaven! Isn't that really what this life we have been given is all about! We do the opposite of what the devil might try to do! He wants to drag souls down to hell; we must be those who lead people to Jesus and getting them into Heaven! 

 God already knows what your reaction will be, because He knows your heart! The closer we get to God, the better we see what He sees in us, and the less the devil can do about him stopping us from taking back what he has stollen...

"For jealousy and selfishness are not God's kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind. But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness." (James 3:15-18 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment