Saturday, April 10, 2021

"The Substantive One" -2

"This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me; for he was before me." (John 1:30 KJV)

  "I was so foolish and ignorant - I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you." (Psalm 73:22 NLT)

  Tit for tat, is an English saying meaning "equivalent retaliation". Obviously this does not mean the same thing to everyone all at once; it seriously took me some time to see any sort of connection, whatsoever. I still don't even know yet why or what it is that I am being told; except that it is something that is meant to break down some sort of communication barrier between what is and what is to be, based upon what was.

  Paul said something of interest, that might shine a little light on the conversation: "When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I know everything completely, just as God knows me completely." (1 Corinthians 13:11-12 NLT)

  Have you ever been around anyone that likes to finish everyone's sentences for them? Well, if there was any sort of explaining of what it means to be foolish and ignorant, then that might be one main part of the explanation! Like that silly example of when God says, "I want you to move that big rock," which is absolutely impossible to move; you realize you cannot move it, but you believe God said for you to move it, therefore, it must be moveable somehow; you just can't quite get it figured out! 

  Shazam! What do you know; absolutely nothing! How can anyone expect to be able to finish something that God is trying to say or tell them? Did Job get that figured out?  It took a little bit of work; but in the end, he seemed to figure it out...

"Then Job replied to the LORD: "I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I - and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me. You said, 'Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.' I have only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance."" (Job 42:1-6 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment