Monday, April 26, 2021

"A Stone"

 "And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone." (John 1:42 KJV)

  "Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious. To whom coming , as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 2:1-5 KJV)

  Before I go any further, let me say that my life has recently been, what I would consider, a wreck. Not that it matters much either way, it has been wrecked for quite some time; but lately it has been more obvious that there are some things I seriously have no control over, even if I try! Be that as it may, I feel as though it is something that is good to realize; if you don't know there is something wrong, then you are apt to just live as though you are perfectly fine. 

  Not to change the subject, but I suspect that Peter was a little surprised by Jesus calling him by name; not only by his name, but Jesus also knew his father's name as well. I think this is something we sometimes can loose sight of, that Jesus knows who we are, what we are going through, and what it is that we need! I am lost without Him, because this is no longer where I long to be! 

  Calvary Chapel doctrine applied, a wherefore is therefor a reason to ask what it is there for? What is the reason we must lay aside all those bitter things and desire that which taste good? Because: "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but by incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." (1 Peter 1:23 KJV) 

  Self-evaluation can be applied, if anyone is interested. A small little stone might have crept into my heart, called passing time! I have noticed my attention lately to how long and why. Two things that I believe we should not be focused upon, as it is not something we need to know, nor can we do what God requires to make anything happen. We must do what stones do...

"I lift my eyes to you, O God, enthroned in heaven. We keep looking to the LORD our God for his mercy, just as servants keep their eyes on their master, as a slave girl watches her mistress for the slightest signal. Have mercy on us, LORD, have mercy, for we have had our fill of contempt. We have had more than our fill of the scoffing of the proud and the contempt of the arrogant." (Psalm 123 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment