Tuesday, March 12, 2019

"Day Undone"

"I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for thy commandments." (Psalms 119:131)

  Here is the thing I hope to get from this, is a clear perspective of my never-ending need for God's mercy and my never-ending respect for His grace! We really must come to terms with who we are and what we are capable of doing. If we are going to live holy lives, then it is going to be Jesus living in us; we are not going to do it on our own, we absolutely can't! If it could be done, Jesus would not had to come and die on the cross. Adam and Eve only had one simple thing to try not to do, and they failed! Imagine if you can this verses was speaking of the point after the run, where the runner simply evaluates the run that was just completed. I don't know about you, but when it comes to controlling every single word that comes out of my mouth, there are times I wish I could take back many of those words that I have spoken. There is absolutely nothing we can do about the race we just completed; that race is no longer taking place, it is over. You know that old saying, "Live to run another day," it is all about second chances. We might not have gotten it right today, but tomorrow is a brand new day! I try not to forget to pray for forgiveness every night, even if I think my day went okay; because my days are never as good as they could be, if I were Jesus! Jesus is who we are to follow and strive to live like. When we come to the end of every day, it is time to evaluate where we stand and how we lived out Jesus in our life that day. Was it a race that I ran well? Was I kind and caring to everyone that I met? Did I do anything that required Jesus to leave the room? I try not to focus too hard on every single mistake, but asking for forgiveness sure makes it easier to get to sleep. Which brings me to the most important thing: that He loves to forgive me!!! All those stupid things I do, He already knows about, I do not need to tell Him, but I do need to remind myself how much I need His forgiveness! This is the realization of our failures; the whole point of "I longed for," is that of having missed the mark. To desire something which we cannot do! We cannot redo the day, the race, or even our life; but God can! 1 John 1:9 is the Christian bar of soap! We get cleansed from all unrighteousness by simply asking God to forgive us, as we live to run another day...

"For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God. As the Scriptures say, "People are like grass; their beauty is like a flower in the field. The grass withers and the flower fades. But the word of the Lord remains forever." And the word is the Good News that was preached to you. So get rid of all evil behavior. Be done with all deceit, hypocrisy, jealousy, and all unkind speech. Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment, now that you have had a taste of the Lord's kindness." (1 Peter 1:23-2:3) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment