Friday, March 22, 2019

"Built-Up"

"I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts." (Psalms 119:141)

  If there is anything that is causing us to feel small and overwhelmed, there is someone I know that can help to ease the sense of insecurity. It really does not matter what we are up against, God is so much bigger than anything that could ever come against us or cause us to feel outnumbered. I think this is something we need to accept as our reality; it was surely something that Jesus made sure to mention, saying, "In the world ye will have tribulation: but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33b) Take a good look at what Jesus has said, because He was not suggesting that we be of good cheer, He was making it a requirement, as in, this is what He expected us to do! There is nothing that God has against us being blessed and successful, as long as it does not cause us to take our focus off of Him and place it upon our success. Having been in the world of sales and service for over 38 years, I can tell you from experience that it is really really hard to keep ourselves from not looking at our success, as in, 'Look what I did.' The biggest problem with doing that, is that we find ourselves feeling very vulnerable when things become tuff, as if we have been on our own, having not included the Lord in our business dealings. Believe me when I say this, that is not a very pleasant place to be. Not only do you worry about the challenges of financial difficulty, but you are feeling a little concerned that you might be getting spanked; if you know what I mean. Please take my advise, for what it is worth: Don't pretend it does not matter, because it does! Do not forget God's precepts! In case you might have forgot, His precepts are always plural and collective. What that might look like in the case of a downward slide, is the tilt of the slide is dependent upon the angle of your life, as in, is it vertical or horizontal. If your life is not living vertical, then you need to correct it, promptly! What exactly is vertical living? Those are the precepts of God: His commandments and everything that is associated with doing or not doing what He commands. You want to know what happens to me when I feel a little horizontal? I sing a little song inside my head: "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God." I pray and pray too, but the song reminds me where my heart and head need to be; and is not to be focused upon the things of this world...

""So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What shall we eat? What shall we drink? What shall we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."" (Matthew 6:31-33) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment