Wednesday, July 26, 2017

"Real and Joyful" -2

"With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King." (Psalms 98:6)
Now I know that everyone does not believe what I said is so, but it does not concern me in the least; there are more reasons to accept that God's will is greater than that of our own, than there are to think otherwise. Besides, I am looking forward to seeing a few people in heaven that I miss, my son being one of them. I know his heart, that he loved the Lord, he just hated himself and the way that he was living. We can all get lost in our own little failures and mistakes; and believe me when I say little, because there are so many worse things we could have done than what most of us do. I heard something yesterday that might make you feel a little better, that over half of the Bible was written by murderers. Yes, that is what I said, men who committed murder were responsible for writing over half of the Bible. Moses murdered an Egyptian and then buried him in the sand; David had one of his most faithful warriors murdered, just to cover up an affair; and Paul, the one who was Saul, well he wrote over half of the New Testament. I am certain that God has a way of working all things out towards the good, we just might have a few scrapes and bumps alone the way. What say you? Do you like odd? If so, then here is something odd for you; "trumpets" are plural, meaning that they are more than one. I don't know about you, but I can't imagine anyone blowing more than one trumpet at a time, especially if they are playing a "sound of cornet." Looking that up, it's still considered as a trumpet, except it is clear and sharp; what that might be referring to is the fact that we are all one in the Lord. There are many trumpets sounding, each and everyone is different and unique, but they all play together as one, clear and sharp. It is kind of like that illustration of baking a cake, how there are some of the ingredients that taste terrible all by themselves, but put all together they make a pretty tasty cake...
""Only the priests, Aaron's descendants, are allowed to blow the trumpets. This is a permanent law for you, to be observed from generation to generation. When you arrive in your own land and go to war against your enemies who attack you, sound the alarm with the trumpets. Then the LORD your God will remember you and rescue you from your enemies. Blow the trumpets in times of gladness, too, sounding them at your annual festivals and at the beginning of each month. And blow the trumpets over your burnt offerings and peace offerings. The trumpets will remind the LORD your God of his covenant with you. I am the LORD your God."" (Numbers 10:8-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment