Friday, July 7, 2017

"Made to Order"

"The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the LORD of the whole earth." (Psalms 97:5)
I might have had something more to say, but it is bound to come up sooner or later, it always does. If you are worried about loosing your salvation, then don't; because the way I see it, if it is a concern to you, then it is God's concern as well; but if you could care less, then the less He cares also. Not to get in anyone's face about something, but I just get a little upset when I hear people try and take away from the power of God when it comes to our eternal salvation. Pastor Matt said it right, once you are saved, your eternity is secure; you might destroy your fleshly life by falling into sin, but you are no longer condemned to hell with the wicked. Pastor Jon had something to add, something about there being two separate courts in heaven; the inner court and the outer court. Those who choose to serve the Lord were those who entered into the inner courts and those who served themselves ended up in the outer court; those of the inner court continued serving with the Lord, those in the outer court served others. That may or may not be the case, but it makes perfect sense; if you don't serve others now, then you will be made to serve others later; we serve the Lord by serving others! As far as our eternal salvation goes, I truly believe that once we are in the hands of God, we are never going to be taken out of His hand, ever. Do I have the power to pry myself out of His hand? I seriously doubt it. But then again, I don't want to be taken out of His hand, so there is probably something to that that makes me eternally secure. Besides the fact that God has chosen me to be in His kingdom, I have nowhere else I choose to be. One thing for sure, I do not worry about death and hell any more; those things are no longer any concern of mine; nor should they be any concern of anyone else who is in Christ Jesus! If those things are of any concern, then you might need to check your security...
"I am writing to God's church in Corinth, to you who have been called by God to be his own holy people. He made you holy by means of Christ Jesus, just as he did for all people everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours. May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace. I always thank my God for you and for your gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus. Through him, God has enriched your church in every way -with all of your eloquent words and all of your knowledge. This confirms that what I told you about Christ is true. Now you have every spiritual gift you need as you eagerly wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns. God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says, and he has invited you into partnership with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." (1 Corinthians 1:2-9) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment