Thursday, July 13, 2017

"He is Mightiest" -2

"Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked." (Psalms 97:10)
I cannot begin to tell you what a funky day yesterday was, pretty much the whole day; but despite the funkiness and the haze that seemed to lurk all around me, it did not take my peace away. Amazing how we can still feel such peace in the midst of lurking hazy funkiness, isn't it? And, if that post did not bring me to tears enough, after my post I did what I do most mornings after closing my blog, I went to the Drudge Report; and what did I see as the headline, but the back of President Trump being prayed over with hands covering his back. I think we can probably withstand almost anything, but let something come upon one of the kids, your son, then it can make you to start to feel a little defeated. There is more to this going on than meets the eye, because there is nothing but pure wickedness at work in the whole resist movement. I saw it at the concert I went to in Sacramento, and I knew right then and there that it was not going to be defeated easily. But that's the thing which is so great in the midst of all of this evil all around us, it's already been defeated! The devil is just buying time and trying to destroy as much and as many as he can before his goose is cooked. If you were to look up the word "evil," you would notice that it contains some elements that go beyond just wickedness or badness; it speaks of misery and distress also. Isn't that the reason Jesus wept at the tomb where Lazarus would soon step out; because He surely was not weeping for Lazarus. If the Father could ever really hate, then what is produced by sin and death would be that which He hates. He hated it so much that He sent His Son to destroy it, once and for all! But, as much as He hates sin and death, He loves us more, so much more than He could ever hate anything. That is why love is so powerful and uncontainable; and our God has the greatest love of all! I just want to get lost in it and never find my way out...
"Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. When God's people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you. Don't curse them; pray that God will bless them. Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those that weep. Live in harmony with each other. Don't be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don't think that you know it all!" (Romans 12:9-16) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment