Wednesday, March 16, 2016

"Faith That is Rewarded"

"The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun." (Psalms 74:16) What are you doing with your salvation? That's the question that came to me as I was pondering what God was going to speak to me about this morning. Is it relevant to the verse we have before us today? Well, let's see what it is that God has to say about that. First off, we have been given a "Light" that is meant to shine out from us and into a darkened world, this much I think we all can agree upon. Secondly, that "Light" we have been given is not our own, which pretty much means that it's not really ours to do with what we want; in other words, it is pretty much borrowed Light that is given to each and every one of us for specific purposes, purposes that have been determined for our lives way before we were even conceived in our mother's womb. I know that is hard to accept for some of us, but it is way things are. The question we need to be asking is not to ourselves, but to God, as in, "What would you have me do, Lord?" That's not really all that difficult to understand; especially if you consider that every day is not your own, it belongs to God! Do you? I am asking myself that question, and I am feeling a little convicted by my answer. We really don't serve the Lord if we are serving ourselves; that's not even possible, because we can't serve two masters. So does my life revolve around me and my agenda, or does it revolve around the Lord's? I know it is very hard to work God into every single area of our lives, because every area of our lives are not totally determined to be God's; they are divided up in our families, our work, our pleasures; you name it, our lives are sometimes so programmed and set to certain schedules, we spend more time asking God to help us with our agenda, then we do asking God what His agenda is for our lives. It is pretty much as if we don't have time for anything else, so why even bother asking God for something to do, because there are only so many hours in a day. The solution is really quite simple, if you are looking for answers; and it's really not that far off from Pastor Mike's prayer for faith every ten minutes. Pretty much, it is all about us knowing who owns the time that we have been given, and then living our lives accordingly... "Because of God's grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building upon it. But whoever is building upon this foundation must be very careful. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we have already -Jesus Christ. Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials -gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. But on judgement day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fore will show if the person's work has any value. If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great lose. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames." (1 Corinthians 3:10-15) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment