Wednesday, March 30, 2016

"Close Encounter"

"Unto you, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare." (Psalms 75:1) One thing is for sure, if you know Jesus, then you absolutely know peace! I'm not talking about the little peace you might feel with a little comfort or peace of mind; no, this kind of peace is associated with feelings or thoughts, it's goes far beyond anything that can be felt or thought of. The kind of peace we get from knowing Jesus is straight from Him! It is in Him that we get our peace! As I was partially listening to the radio yesterday (a little less than usual,) I heard a very important message about Sara laughing because God said she would have a child. I say that it is important, because it's something that we must get past, if we are ever going to walk in the victory that is ours in Christ! Sara laughed because she looked at her own self and her abilities, instead of looking at God and His abilities! Sara laughed because she thought her own body was too old to give Abraham a child; but she forgot to consider 'God's wondrous works!" And here is something else that she did, she laughed inside, yet God heard her! I'm pretty sure you might be wondering how that gets a exclamation point; but you need to understand what that represents. What that represents is the way we look at our own power when we hear or consider ourselves doing anything for or because God says we can do it. If God says to be holy and do not sin, we laugh inside because we know darn good and well we are going to sin; it's just who we are, like old Sara, we cannot change what we are. But God never will tell us to do anything that we cannot do in Him! In our own power and strength we don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of being holy and righteous; but in Christ we can do all things, because He is holy and righteous. It's just like that peace we get from the knowing Him, it is not peace we get from ourselves, so it cannot be moved by any human means or strength; it cannot be be shaken because it's not given to us based upon what we feel or think, it is in Christ Jesus that our peace comes from; and He is our Rock, and He cannot be moved! One more thing you must remember about that encounter, is that Jesus was the one who declared those things to Abraham. Jesus was the one whom Sara laughed at; He was the one who heard her laugh inside; He was, and is, and always will be...
"The people retorted, "You Samaritan devil! Didn't we say all along that you were possessed by a demon?" "No," Jesus said, "I have no demon in me. For I honor my Father -and you dishonor me. And though I have no wish to glorify myself, God is going to glorify me. He is the true judge. I tell you the truth, anyone who obeys my teaching will never die." The people said, "Now we know you are possessed by a demon. Even Abraham and the prophets died, but you say, 'Anyone who obeys my teaching will never die!' Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?" Jesus answered, "If I want glory for myself, it doesn't count. But it is my Father who will glorify me. You say, 'He is our God,' but you don't even know Him. I know Him. If I said otherwise, I would be as great a liar as you! But I do know Him and obey Him. Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad." The people said, "You aren't even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?" Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I AM!"" (John 8:48-58) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment