Thursday, March 17, 2016

"Faith That is Rewarded" -2

"The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun." (Psalms 74:16) What did you expect? There is still something that needs to be said here, and it's regarding power! I can't remember who it was, but there was a pastor yesterday that was speaking about believing God has the power to do something with his life, because we all have something we are meant to do. I thought that was rather familiar, but nonetheless, that's how God works most days anyways. The pastor used the sunset to illustrate God's power to make something happen, saying, "The next time you doubt God's ability to do something, go out and watch a sunset, and then say to yourself, "If God can do that, He can surely do something in my little life." At first I didn't think much of that illustration; in fact, I actually thought it was kind of a weak way to compare God's creation with His abilities. But then I got to thinking about it, and man, what a powerful comparison to God's ability to get the most out of our life, especially for those of us that are in the later part of life. Now that I think of it, I believe it was Matt Fox who was sharing that; which would make perfect sense, since his church is over on the coast of Oregon. I say that, because I remember being in the Navy, and how I tried to make it a habit to go watch the sunset whenever they were not doing flight operations. You can not imagine what that looks like from 1,500 miles out in the middle of the ocean; talk about power being demonstrated in a sunset; when the horizon is like that, you really get a good look at the proportion of the sun to the earth. Anywho, about this power and "Faith that is Rewarded," as to whether they have any connection whatsoever. Yes indeedy! It goes without question, that if your faith is in a God that knows all things, sees all things, and can do all things, then your faith will have power! And if your faith has power, then in a certain way of looking at it, your faith is most definitely rewarded; in other words, there will be a powerful reward to the faith that you have, like believing that God can do all things! Which reminds me about something along those same lines; that the reason we don't a lot of times have powerful faith that God can do all things, is because we limit God's abilities when we sin. How so, you wonder? Well, if you really believed that God was watching and that He actually cared, would you really still do some of the things you do? There really are rewards in faith, especially when our faith is in a powerful and all-seeing God... "Then Job replied to the LORD; "I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, ;Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I -and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me. You said, 'Listen and I will speak! I have questions for you, and you must answer them.' I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance." (Job 42:1-6) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment