Thursday, April 3, 2014

"His Flesh Was Poured Out"

"I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart." (Psalms 40:8) I have taken the liberty to uppercase the 'M' in My because I believe these are actually the words of Jesus that are being spoken through David; as a matter of fact, verses 6, 7 & 8 are all given to Jesus Christ as the foundation by which He came, and the fountain of His offering Himself for us. It might be hard for some to accept this, but before Jesus appeared here as a baby in a manger, He was God in heaven; He choose to humble Himself to become as we are, flesh and blood, that He might be as a servant, even unto the death at the cross (Philippians 2:7 & 8). Although there are many reasons why He came in the flesh, I believe that the main reason was because He needed to prove that it could be done; not that any one of us could do it, but that He alone was able to defeat what we could not. Am I saying that Jesus had extraordinary power over sin? Yes, I truly do believe that He had a deep connection with the Father, because He came from the Father; and it was the deep connection which gave Him a love for the Father that you and I do not naturally have. Our hearts are naturally wicked, but His heart was filled with the love of God, to do the will of the Father, and to carry out His purpose for being here, all the way to the end. I know that there will be some that might disagree with me, and try to say that Jesus had no extraordinary power over temptations and sin; but if He had power to heal the blind, calm the seas, and rise from the dead, then I can accept the fact that He had a way to say no to being tempted. If you look at His being tempted in the wilderness, He was at His weakest condition; having been forty days without food and water, He is tempted three times by the devil, yet every time He defeats the temptations by proclaiming the word of God, and making the devil out to be the liar that he is; He did so because the law of God was written upon His heart, because He was the Word of God which became flesh. Sure, He was fully man, and He was tempted as you and I are tempted; but He was also fully God (Colossians 2:9), which means that He had more abilities than you and I have, of which He proved by all the miracles that He demonstrated while He was here. That said, He also had the power to not go to the cross, which was probably His greatest temptation; not only that, but He had the power to remove Himself from off of the cross, if He so choose to do so; having been mocked by the Jews, saying, "He saved others; let him save himself, if he be the Christ, the chosen of God"; yet, He remained upon that cross, and He accepted the humiliation and the shame. Being God in the flesh, He poured out everything through that flesh; as the "real manna from heaven", He was poured out for us, not to feed our flesh, but to feed our weary souls... "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life. I am the Bread of Life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the Bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the Living Bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this Bread, he shall live for ever: and the Bread that I give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." (John 6:47-51

No comments:

Post a Comment