Friday, April 25, 2014

"Gone, But Not Forgotten"

"Mine enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish?" (Psalms 41:5) I had a catchy little title for today in my head last night, but I should have written it down, because this morning it was gone. But the point of this morning's blog has more to do with holding onto every word that God speaks to us, no matter what others might say; because if God has a word for you, it might be something that others will not receive, because it was not intended for them. I am not going to get to far into the reasoning of what I am talking about, but to say a few examples, such as, The Walls of Jericho, Naaman's Leprosy, Jeremiah's Linen Undergarment, The Authenticity of Amos, The Death of Lazarus; and least we forget, God's Promise To David, "and thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever" (2 Samuel 7:16). Those word's were spoken to David through Nathan, the same Nathan that later confronts David over his sin of killing Uriah for being such a faithful soldier and servant; as his heart had changed from one of compassion, to that of an uncaring murderer. However, for all those times when it looked like David's kingdom was being taken away, or that David was paying the price for his sins, God's promise remained and never changed. Some people might think that God changes His mind; a notion which might have come from Genesis 6:6, as is says, "And it repented the LORD that He had made man on the earth"; or maybe Exodus 32:10, as God tells Moses, "Now therefore let Me alone, that My wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation." But God really does not change His mind, nor does God say, OOPS! He knows everything that is going to happen before it happens, therefore He never needs to change His mind, because His mind is made up far in advance of what any of us will ever do... "In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up the ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: that they may posses the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by My name, saith the LORD that doeth this. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt. And I will bring again the captivity of My people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink wine thereof; they shall make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God." (Amos 9:11-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment