Monday, September 30, 2013

"The Servant Heart"

As I refreshed everything said throughout those 40 days of going through Psalms 34, and after going through all of my postings, I felt as if it was a 40 day journey into the wilderness, and now it's time to begin the battle. The most important thing that wilderness journey taught me was that of being a servant, because a servant does not question his master, but just obeys what he is told to do; if there is something that goes wrong, as long as he obeyed what he was told to do, then it's the master's fault, not his. When we can get to the point of knowing and understanding what it means to be a servant, we can begin to experience deliverance in all sorts of different areas of our lives; whether it be our marriages, and how we interact with our spouse; or our Christian walk, and how we treat our brothers and sisters; everything becomes different when we have a servants heart. As I was praying this morning, I saw a vision of myself in the role of a servant, and I was going to the market place to buy supplies for my master; as I dealt with the merchants, I saw that I was representing my master in doing so, and I had assumed many of my masters good qualities; I had even taken on the appearance of my master as I represented him among those merchants. That is really how it is meant to be as we interact with one another, our families, our businesses; whatever we do, and where ever we go, we represent Jesus Christ, our Master; we no longer represent ourselves, because that old self has been crucified with Christ, and the new man is now a slave to Christ, having been raised up in the newness of His resurrection. I don't care where you are in your journey; whether it's on the mountain top, in the valley, or going through the wilderness, if you feel out of sorts and can't make any sense of anything in your life, there is only one solution to your problem: GET BACK TO BEING HIS SERVANT! How difficult do you really want to make it? We can not be successful as the one in charge, yet how often to we find ourselves walking in our own person hood, not representing Jesus at all, but rather we are representing ourselves? Do not forget to Whom you belong, because you were purchased with a great price..."Behold, My Servant shall deal prudently, He shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high. As many were astonished at thee; His visage was so marred more than any man, and His form more than the sons of men: so shall He sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at Him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider." (Isaiah 52:13-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment