Friday, October 4, 2024

"Comply with God's Will"

 "In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him." (Ecclesiastes 7:14 KJV)

  "When I was prosperous, I said, "Nothing can stop me now!" Your favor, O LORD, made me as secure as a mountain. Then you turned away from me, and I was shattered. I cried out to you, O LORD. I begged the Lord for mercy, saying, "What will you gain if I die, if I sink into the grave? Can the dust praise you? Can I tell of your faithfulness? Hear me, LORD, and have mercy on me. Help me, O LORD." You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O LORD, my God, I will give you thanks forever!" (PSALM 30:6-12 NLT)

 Having lived in this world, both in prosperity and in hardship, I do believe that there is something we must understand about God's hand upon our life, in both the good times and the bad times. Once we can come to the realization that this life will soon pass, and there are things that are more important than the things we live through in the world, we might be able to see God's handiwork is in storm, just as much, if not more, than the times of prosperity and comfort! 

 Regarding this section of Scripture from David, who was singing a song of the dedication of the Temple; David was sharing something that must be considered whenever we are in the dumps, (so to speak,) when we feel as though everything is coming against us. Hopefully we don't think that our life here is all about us, because the real truth in the matter, is that it is all about Him! 

 There is where we get our joy, not in the good times or the bad times, but in the relationship, we can have with the One that created us and that has given us eternal life with Him. In those times when we feel as though He might have abandoned us or turned away from us, just might be the times when He has us firmly help within His hand...

"But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I and the LORD, your God, the holy one of Israel, your Savior. I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom; I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place. Other were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are protected by me. You are honored, and I love you."" (Isaiah 43:1-4 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment