Wednesday, October 16, 2024

"Judge Not"

 "Also take no heed unto all words that are spoken; least thou hear thy servant curse thee:" (Ecclesiastes 7:21 KJV)

  "Don't speak evil against each other, dear brothers and sisters. If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God's law. But you job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you. God alone, who gave the law, is the judge. He alone has the power to save or destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor?" (James 4:11-12 NLT)

 Those last two posts were both exciting and challenging, to say the least; there has got to be a better way to express things that stir the heart, because there nothing harder than trying to make a point, when the point doesn't seem like it needs to be made. Hopefully, this point is easier to get across, because it deals with human actions, for the most part! 

 I couldn't help but think about some of the judgmental thoughts that come into my mind, those things which I think people might do, like ignore my messages, or not answer the phone when I call. I was listening to a trivia question on Air One, I believe it was last week, which no one could answer. It said, something like, "What is it that most people do, in public, but don't want anyone to know?" 

 The answers that came in were rather interesting, some of which could have worked, even though they were wrong. I may not have worded the question correctly, but the answer was: "Not listen to someone's voice mail, but just call them back." Personally, I wait until I have a chance to rest, like eating alone at a restaurant, and then I mute the voice and read my voice mails. Those that are not important I delete, those that need to be answered, I make a note to call them back. So, I guess you could say that I am in the minority. 

 Paul has some really good recommendations to help us with not being judgmental; the most important of which is love...

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment